Monday, September 21, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Are you about to float away? I am! It has rained here for almost a week solid. I am ready for some pretty sunny sky’s and looking at the forcaste it looks like it may be next week before I get my wish! Rain, Rain, go away come again another day! Or week!

I had a wonderful weekend and it was one I had been looking forward to for quite some time. A friend of mine and I went to Callaway Gardens to attend a photography class. It was so much fun. We left Friday night and stayed in Auburn and we tried so hard to eat at Amsterdams and after about a 2 hour wait and a computer system crash (which would have kept us there yet another hour) we decided we would get to-go……Turkey Wraps and went to the hotel to enjoy our yummy dinner. We got up early on Saturday and drove to Callaway to attend our class and learn all about our camera’s “beyond auto mode” and boy did we learn some stuff. All about exposure, ISO, aperture and shutter speed settings. It was very helpful and informative. The only bad part was that it was raining the entire time and that kept our shooting practice to a minimum…it was as dark outside as it was inside and didn’t provide ideal setting for taking fun pictures. We did have a great time and certainly learned a lot. Now, if the weather will clear up so that I can practice what I learned that would be awesome. I have practiced a little inside, but shooting in the exact same light over and over doesn’t give much for practicing the different settings! It was awesome to have the “girl” time with Lindsey….she is simply the best!

On top of my fun get-a-way adventure Justin had his annual ‘guys golfing’ weekend. Which meant that Collier was parent-less for Friday night and all day Saturday. Thankfully Grammy and Pop’s were there to rescue him. He had his first spend the night party at their house. He was a perfect angel (at least that is what they said and if he wasn’t they probably wouldn’t say otherwise). I decided to just stay with them on Saturday night to have dinner and watch football, so that was fun to have that time with them. My dad refuses to change diapers and I love to tease him when Collier has a dirty diaper to give him to dad. Ha. It hasn’t worked yet. He loves to hold him and play with him and even feed him but when it comes to the diapers he is out! Too funny!

Have I mentioned how good Collier is sleeping? You know, I prayed long and hard for a good sleeping baby. It did take us a little while to get to this point but he has done so well. For the past month or two. He goes to sleep between 8 and 9pm and he usually sleeps until around 6:30 or 7am. How great is that? I love when he does sleep until 7am as it allows me time to get up and get dressed before he gets up and I get out the door on time. Plus on the weekends, if he sleeps to 7am that means I get to sleep until 7am and I love it. He has even slept as late as 8am and I really loved that – but that has only happened once. God has greatly answered my prayers and I am so thankful that He did! Last night he went down around 8 and Justin and I were in the bed by 8:30…how great is that!!!! I was loving it! Of course it was raining this morning and it made it hard to get out of the bed. Collier is also doing great with eating. He is currently enjoying apple sauce, banana’s and rice or oatmeal. He is going to try sweet potatoes this week – maybe he will like them more than Justin and I.

We are preparing for Collier's Baptism that is this weekend. We have lots of family and friends joining us and we really would like some pretty weather. Would you please pray that it is nice at least on Sunday? I'm really excited about having everyone together and celebrating this special day for Collier.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Ohhhhh...I wish I was THERE to see this! Father Mel, too! I miss him so! Love to you and all and have a wonderful weekend! Tell Mom and Dad I send my love through you! Take tons of PIC's and please share! Love, g

Amy Kennedy said...

I'm so glad he's such a good little sleeper. Isn't that the best feeling? Have so much fun this weekend w/the baptism and all your family-I want to see some pictures!