Friday, December 26, 2008
We then headed to Compass Lake to celebrate with my family. Santa even made a visit, although he was a little tired from his late night delivery, it was fun to have him stop by for a short amount of time. Justin and Mom made home made lasagna for our dinner -can I scream YUMMY. We hanging out at the lake until Sunday when we'll head home. I am enjoying the quite lake and I wish that it was cooler and NOT close to 70 degrees.....I thought that it was supposed to be cold at Christmas time.
People keep saying that once you know what you're having it makes is more real. This is very true but I'll also admit that when I was opening gifts yesterday for our baby boy it was odd. Knowing that these things, and especially clothes, would be for our child. Hard to believe but it has felt more and more real. I'll post pictures soon from our Christmas.
I hope that you are all relaxing and enjoying your weekend after Christmas. If you are traveling-safe travels.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
We met our parents for dinner last night and told them all at one time. They were excited to finally know blue or pink...Blue blue blue it is!
We're now at the lake and Justin and mom are cooking up some home made meatballs for our Christmas Lasagne and it is smelling delicious in here. I'll be posting some pic's soon of their hard work. I do hope that you all have a very Merry and Joyful Christmas. Love you all.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Yall have a great week. We have a dinner every night the rest of this week. Fabulous gathering with friends! Yet another great part of this time of year. Oh and btw I just love getting mail so therefore all of the Christmas cards that are flooding my mailbox bring me such joy each day.
Monday, December 8, 2008
- I love that he always makes me laugh
- He is the best and biggest snuggler I know and it is awsome to get into bed every night and sunggle up
- He is really just a big kid
- He cooks with me and helps so much in the kitchen
- He is smokin hot!
- He is very much a traditional person - he doesn't like to make changes to traditions but we certainly know that with baby Hicks this also will change
- As mentioned before, I love that He loves Christmas season and all of the decorating and fun that goes along with it
- Did I mention how funny he is?
- He love me!
Ok. I'll stop there so I don't bore all of you. Here's to wishing my hubby a Happy and wonderful birthday because he deserves it.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
I've never posted a thankful Thursday, but I thought that I would today. My friend Becky is so faithful in posting hers each week, so I am copying her.
I have so much to be thankful for, so this is just my immediate thoughts of thank giving:
- First and foremost, I am thankful for the precious baby that is on the way that God has blessed us with.
- I am thankful for warm fuzzy slippers to keep me warm on cold mornings and nights
- I'm thankful for laughter
- I am glad that it is time to listen to Christmas music!
- That tomorrow night is going to be cold and that we're going to be cozy by the fire for the night
- I am so thankful to have a husband who love the Christmas season as much as I do...we're decorating and lighting the tree tomorrow night as well! I'll share pictures when it is complete!
- I'm also thankful for my blogging friends and this wonderful resource to stay in touch with friends we don't get to see everyday...I love technology.
good night my friends.