Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fresh Vegi's for Dinner

I have to quickly share what we had for dinner tonight. It is so much fun having yummy fresh vegetables to cook and eat. Our neighbor was nice enough to share some of his home grown corn and zucchini with us (Thanks Brendan). I steamed the Zucchini, then dried it really well with paper towels and then I sprinkled with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese...YUMMY. I also made yummy feta burgers which includes, deer meat, sausage, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic, red wine and feta. Justin grilled them to perfection and it was a perfectly delicious meal. We boiled the corn and of course it was yummy. Oh and we ate our FIRST big tomato on our burgers. I didn't realize how quickly the tomatoes turn read. I have lots on my tomato plant and finally I saw on Friday that it was starting to turn red, well this morning it was bright and calling our name. It is so rewarding and fun to have fresh vegetables.

While I am giving a vegi report. I had my very first banana pepper starting to grow. I am so excited. I love it. next year I have big plans to do more than just tomatoes and peppers! Hope that you all have a wonderful week. Lots of love!

1 comment:

brookeisacrazylady said...

Shannon! So glad I found you! I didn't realize you were now a Hicks! Your wedding picture is gorgeous by the way and I need some serious gardening tips. We are still renting so I hate investing in someone else's yard, but I really need to do cause I love fresh veggies.

Your dinner sounds delicious. where are you at? mccoy218@yahoo.com
Brooke formerly Evans