In honor of Father's Day this weekend I wanted to give a very special thanks to my amazing Dad. I realized that I have fabulous parents and my dad is simply the best dad around. Dad's really do have a special bond with their little girls - not that they love their son's any less BUT it is just different. Here are a few things that I love about my Dad....AGAIN, let me reiterate that this is only a small list - the list could go on for days!
- I love that my Dad is such a good and compassionate Dad. He genuinely cares about us and will do anything for any of us at any time.
- I love that my he will ask 1000 questions and it is all because of how much he really cares
- I love that as a baby he spanked me which resulted in my crying and he never spanked me again - not that I ever did anything to need a spank'n!
- Dad is a strong and amazing example of a Christian and God Fearing Man!
- After Justin and I were married, Dad missed seeing me (since I did live with them and saw them every day) and asked if we could have dinner with them once a week. We did for a while and still have dinner at least a few times each month together. Thankfully we only live 3 miles away!
- Dad can fix anything!
- He always tells me to call if I need anything and he really does mean it. He has rescued me when my power went out and Justin was out of town!
- Dad's two saying's when we were young: 1)'Be a leader not a follower' 2) regarding driving 'keep your head on a swivel, know what is going on around you' . Both are great pieces of advise and have stayed with me to this day.
- I love that my Dad loves Justin as if he was is own. He love Amanda (Chris' wife) as if she was his as well.
Dad, I love you and thank you for all that you do for me. I couldn't have a better Dad. Thanks for your friendship and your guidance. Love you Lots!