Saturday, November 22, 2008

Burrrr Gobble Buuuurrrrrr

Look who arrived at my house last night. Mr. Gobble Gobble....the cold didn't keep him away.
THANKGOODNESS!



















Isn't he cute! He is here to remind us of all that we have to be thankful for -and that list is long {that's for a later post}. I have to say a special thanks to my friend Lindsey for picking him up for me at the Birmingham Junior League Market....I tried to buy him last year but they ran out. I was so excited to have him now! He is the perfect transition from Halloween to Thanksgiving.
But, whatever you do don't let him moon you... Ha!




















Well, let me just share with you what my awesome husband did this morning. He got up early (and if you know how much we love to sleep in on Saturdays, you'll understand what a big deal this is - we value our Saturday sleep in time....yes we are loathing in it before Baby Hicks arrives to rock our world!) so he gets up extra early, bundles up in all of his thickest coveralls, toboggan and gloves(because its 30 degrees outside). He looked so stink'n cute too. He then picked up our neighbor and off they went to the wood place, piled the truck high and returned with a load of wood to get us through the winter. The best part is that we're going to enjoy a day by the fire today. Justin is the best fire keeper around. He likes to keep a roaring fire the entire time and he does just that... moving, arranging and poking the wood to have a perfect fire. I'll certainly be curled up by the fire tonight with my hubby and maybe with some yummy hot chocolate.











Also, in response to my previous post - since I last posted my feelings about how early Christmas has arrived (which I still agree), I think that I've gotten the Christmas bug and will probably begin some Christmas decorating inside before we head south for our Thanksgiving holiday. I've seen so many people with their tree's already up and it looks so pretty...oh well. With that in mind....before Justin built the fire he took me to mom and dad's to snatch a shelf that I want to use to display our Christmas Village. Christmas Elf is having nothing of it - but was nice enough to help me bring it home. Mr. Elf wants the Village on the mantle where it was displayed last year. But, with the village on the mantel I can't hang our stocking holders and stocking from the chimney mantel with care. Plus the Village is almost to big to put on the mantel. I'm going to try it and if Mr. Elf doesn't like it I will change it back. Because an unhappy Elf at Christmas time is no fun...When Elfy isn't happy no one is happy! But we're still going to try it.

In the midst of all of that fun....we even managed to eat pigs in a blanket for a late breakfast/brunch. YUMMY.




And now I'll leave you with my current view... I'll certainly enjoy the rest of my evening warm and cozy! Love yall.










2 comments:

becky said...

that is the cutest darn turkey! i'm super jealous. and send some of those piggies my way! i forget about those things.

Anonymous said...

the perfect day! ya'll are cute!