Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Collier

Today we celebrate Collier's first birthday. What a blessing and joyful event. I think back to a year ago today and I was nervous, scared and yet so excited to get to see and meet this sweet gift from God! My love for him grows every single day, who knew that you could love someone to this depth? Collier is a joy and a blessing to Justin and I. He makes us laugh every single day. He is changing and interacting more and more everyday.


Birth Day


He has started copying things that we do. I was standing up stretching with my arms high above my head this morning and Collier looked up at me and stretched his little hands up. He is walking and just about running all around. He walks around clapping the whole time. He loves to be outside. He is into balls and he likes to pick them up and 'throw it' or just throw it down really hard. He likes to carry things in his hands, especially rocks. He will try and put as much as his little hand will hold and walk around proudly with his treasures. As I lather him with lotion he tries to rub his hands together like I do when I'm warming up the lotion. He does not like to be laid down to change a diaper or clothes....although he does fine with Justin...maybe Justin should be changing all of his diapers!


8 weeks


This weekend we will celebrate with all of his family around and I hope that it will be a day that we all will remember (I know that he won't) but I am excited to celebrate such a special and amazing little boy's arrival!


6 months



Happy Birthday Collier! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you and we love you with all of the love that you can imagine! But always knowing that God loves you even more - there is no better love than our Heavenly Father who created you just for us!



8 months



10 months



1 year


We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what we asked of Him - Samual 1:27


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward - Psalm 127:3


Pour out your hearts like water before the face of the Lord. Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children. - Lamentations 2:19

No comments: