Monday, October 25, 2010

weekend time

I keep having moments of 'oh I need to blog about this' and then time gets away and next thing I know I am laying on the couch or crawling into the bed instead of blogging!  So, I have lots that I want to share but don't think that I can get it all done in one blog.  So, I'm going to try and break them out and get what I can posted this week to get caught up.  This is a big week by the way because a sweet little man will be 18months this weekend.
I know that I have mentioned over and over again how much I love not working on Fridays.  I am so thankful for that extra full day to be at home.  Some Friday's are more productive than others.  Justin reminded me that I justified that one day off as a day to get the house in order, clean, laundry, etc.  I have such good intentions but the truth of the matter is that I consider my Friday's off as 'My Collier day' and this past week was just that.  The weather was awesome and he was in such a great mood.  It was just one of those really great days.  It started of with little man sleeping a little late which results in me doing the same...What a great way to start the day!  We ate a quick breakfast and put the laundry on and then went for a run.  It has been several months since I have actually run with the jogging stroller and it is a lot more work with that stroller than running alone.  I have to find a flat service because a little hill will kill me with the stroller.  I ran in a neighborhood with a park but when I got to the park my little running buddies was fast asleep.  Which gave me a chance to run further and longer than I thought.  the weather was perfect and I was thrilled.  When he woke up I headed back toward the park and gave him a chance to stretch his legs.  He was supper silly on the play ground but ultimately wanted to swing....like I said before if we would let him he would eat and sleep in a swing...he just loves it!  They also have a wide open grassy area and he and I ran around on.  Very sweet.  He loves to run down a hill yelling with his arms straight out.  We did that several times and I think that he really enjoyed it.  I thought it was rather funny.  We finally made our way back to the car to go home for lunch.  We played outside for a little bit after lunch and then  Collier laid down for a nap - lasting 3 hours!  I got laundry done and sat at the computer to blog and decided that I was going to take advantage of the quiet beautiful day and I sat outside and read - I am reading 'Parenting by The Book' which is for another post because it really is an awesome book.  I read a chapter, sat and prayed and was still able to catch a quick nap myself before CH woke up.  We of course went straight outside and played until almost dark.  Justin cooked yummy spaghetti  and we were all happy campers!

Saturday morning we left CH with mom and dad and Justin and I went for a little run.  Loved every minute of it.  I love when Justin and I get a chance to do something for ourselves and something about taking a run together is really awesome and satisfying to my soul!  The rest of the day was filled with football and friends!  I am so excited about Auburn and how well they are doing this year.  I have to be honest that at the beginning of the year I was considering it would be another year of growth for Auburn and much to my surprise they have done really well.  Everyone keeps saying that it is all because of Cam Newton, I know that he is a HUGE part but as a whole they are doing better than I was expecting!  War Eagle!  I am very proud of those Auburn Tigers.

Just was tickling Collier this weekend and realized that he has a tooth breaking through toward the back of his mouth....which completely explains the wining, crying and fussiness last week.  Mom even said she felt bad for fussing at him about the wining one day.  Wining is like fingers on a chalkboard for us, it has no good purpose, doesn't make me want to be very nice and  my patience comes to an abrupt end.  But hopefully now that it has pushed through it won't bother him as much.  He had a few days of runny nose and I figured it was teeth but now I know for sure.  Back to tablets and Tylenol!

Yesterday was amazing, we opened the house for almost the entire day and loved the fresh breezes through the house!  Last night we had strong storms and lots of rain...praise the Lord for the rain!  It has been weeks since we have seen a drop of rain and God showered it down on us last night!  I laid in bed watching continuous flashed of lightening and rumbling thunder and prayed for safety and protection yet praising Him for the much needed rain.  How awesome He is to be an all protecting, all powerful and all providing God!

No comments: