Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Tweet Birthday Celebration

We celebrated Kenley turning one with a Birdie birthday party.  I fell in love with so many awesome idea's on pinterest that I knew that I wanted to do a birdie theme and it was so much fun.  My sweet baby is already one and I can hardly believe it.  She is the sweetest little girl I could ask for. I wanted to share the fun of the party first and later this week I am going to do a one year post just on this sweet birthday girl!

Her so adorable and perfect birdie dress was specially made by her Mella!  How great is that?  Isn't it just the cutest dress ever?  I loved it and it was just perfect for her party dress. Thank you Mella for making this for her!! I didn't get a great picture of her in it because she is on the move so much, hard to get her to sit still for a picture. (and the tongue doesn't stop moving, either across her front teeth or sticking out)



 This invitation was the inspiration for the whole party.  I fell in love with the invitation and the rest fell into place. Invitation via

 I made the birdies (thanks to this pattern) and the birthday sign out of craft paper
 Once I knew I was going to do a birdie theme, I remembered one of my good friends also had done a birdie party for her little girl.  She was so gracious to let me borrow the precious birdie garland she made!

 I hung pictures of her through her first year!




 We went simple and yummy on the food... fruit salsa and hummus for snacking.  Hamburgers, chips and beans for lunch.  
 Birthday Girl need a power drink before opening her presents...









 We had great helpers to distribute the cupcakes to everyone.  Collier kept asking what his job could be and this was just the perfect one.  Strawberry cupcakes!
Cupcake Time...




This was the guest book...it was so fun to get everyone's personal touch on the little sign.




All of the guest went home with bird seed and gummy worms...again, this came from my friend as well! I am really thankful to have friends who don't mind if I copy them!!!  



The weather was perfect for us to be on the front porch at the lake.  It was fun to have all of her grandparents, and even 2 of her great grandparents, along with aunts, uncles and cousins (although we did miss a few) to celebrate her turning one.  She is did great and enjoyed all of the activity and fun of the party.  Still can't believe she is ONE.

No comments: