Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Truthful Tuesdays - I am His

I think that I shared a few weeks ago that at the Discovery weekend we did at our church one of the speakers kept saying that God tells us 'Don't worry, I've got you.  You're mine.  I love you'.  It sends chills up my spine at this simple and amazing truth.  You know the good ole phrase, I've got your back.  That is just how I feel....God has my back.  He is in my corner.  He is calling me to come to Him and trust.  To lay my request at His feet and just trust.  That is the whole thing, TRUST!  Having confidence that He really does have whatever situation that we are facing or going through, He has it all in the palm of His hand.  He already knows what is going to happen and how it is all going to end up. 

So, I have been stressing with some work stuff the past few weeks [as in my eye won't stop twitching because I am worried about it and can't stop thinking about it] but God keeps working it out and showing me that I need to stop worrying.  For instance, twice in the past week He has opened doors for conversations that eased whatever concern I was having that day.  And then I just happened to pick up my Jesus Calling devotion, that I haven't read in weeks and here is what is says:
...Hold My hand in trusting dependence, letting Me guide you through this day...Secret things belong to the Lord,  and future things are secret things.  When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are Mine.  This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting My promises to care for you.  Whenever you find yourself worrying about the future, repent and return to Me.  I will show you the next step forward, and the one after that, and the one after that.  Relax and enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go. 
Amen to that!  Worrying - check.  Trying to figure out the future - check, check.  Planning my own next step - check.  Realizing I need to repent and turn to him - check.  that is the hard one.  Realizing that my own worry and concern is doubting that God is in control.  Doubting that He has my best interest.  Thinking that my ways are better or that what I do or plan will impact what is going to happen.  The one day I happened to pick up this devotional and read it was the one message that I needed to read and be reminded of.  It was no coincidence or chance happening.  He lead me to that devotional on that very day to speak directly to me.  Thank you Father!  My favorite reminder is the last sentence to actually ENJOY the journey.  I am working on that part and when my eye starts twitching...that is where I go...to Him.  Asking Him to lead my next step and tell Him I am trusting Him with this situation.  Thankful that He already knows how it is going to pan out.  I also have to repent because when my eye starts to twitch, it means that I've taken it back on me and worry has set in and my own planning and anxious thoughts are present.  Which takes me back to the fact that He has me.  I am His and He is in control.  He loves me enough to care about the small details of work that I am currently going through.  There is nothing too big or too small to lay before Him.  I don't even know what I would do without that relief that I can lay my burden's at His feet.

In my Lent devotional [by NT Wright via YouVersion Bible] I read about Jesus walking on water out to His disciples and how Peter trusted Jesus and walked on the water out to Jesus...only for reality to set in and he lost faith but then called out to Jesus 'Lord, rescue me'[Matthew 14:30b].  When I waiver and allow that worry to circle back around me, I need to be reminded that Jesus is right here.  He is here to rescue me and take care of me.  I am His and He loves me.  He has it all taken care of!

Lord, give us the faith we need to attempt the impossible fr you; and rescue us when our faith suddenly gives out. -NT Wright

No comments: