Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter - He is Risen, I am greatful

I started this post on Monday and just now getting around to posting...
--------------
We had a wonderful and fun and so busy Easter weekend. I woke up yesterday morning feeling overwhelmed with joy and the excitement of what the day represents.  Good Friday I was struck with the reality of the day of Jesus' death with the anticipation of what Sunday really is to me.  Because of His death and His resurrection...He Lives!  He is alive and all is well!  I am so thankful for this truth. On Friday evening Justin was listening to Pandora's Christmas station and we sang of Jesus' birth...only to get to celebrate what he also have in His death!  Amazing!  And then I was once again reminded that ‘There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there is nothing we can do to make God love us less' - Philip Yancy.  Amen!

Our weekend was filled with baby chicks, and baby showers and easter bunny things, and egg dying and egg finding and cooking and celebrating and loving one another.



 trying to get Kenely to understand to be easy can be a challenge.  They kept telling her 'show me one finger and just touch easy with your finger'.  She wanted to grab that little chick so bad.


 We hunted eggs in our PJ's!  Such fun, I think I'll do that every year!  

 As soon as she discovered there was candy in the eggs...hunting was over.  Chocolate eating was the activity of choice!



No comments: