Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cookies Anyone?

I'm not sure about you, but I personally love Blogging and my love started by reading others - long before I had one of my own. I can sit for hours reading blogs, and even of people that I don't even know. Someone coined this as "blog stalking" and I'm guilty! One of the blogs that I stalk is Darby Stickler. She and I don't know each other but I love reading her blog. I want to be like her when I grow up...she is so creative, crafty, not to mention she is a great mom and loves the Lord.

With that being said, she posted an amazing story on her blog this week. Click Here to read the entire post. It is all about Cookies for Kids Cancer - a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness of and funds for pediatric cancer research through local bake sales. What a great idea! The site for the organization is http://www.cookiesforkidscancer.org/. This struck a string and interest in my heart. I do not have kids yet - I love children so much - but I can not imagine what these precious children and their parents must go through when battling cancer. I look around at my family and friends who have children and how hard it would be if any of them were faced with such a horrible situation, yet our hospitals are full of them. I know that God is sovereign, but I also feel that if I can contribute just a little bit of time, effort and money that maybe it could make a difference for just one of these families. I do not personally know a family that is affected by cancer and for this I am blessed. I have been telling myself for a long that I need to volunteer or just contribute to some organization and this maybe just the one.

I am going to start tomorrow in contacting some people about doing a bake sale on election day at my local polling location. As I proceed and know more I'll add more details. Stay tuned and lets keep these families in or prayers in the mean time. Have a good evening.

1 comment:

Anna said...

hey Shannon, I would love to help! Let me know what I can do!
Anna Barron