Monday, October 13, 2008

On The Plains

Saturday we went to Auburn for the day. It was so much fun - even if the game was horrible and Auburn's football team is falling apart. It makes me sad that they are awful and it was honestly painful to watch the game...so painful that we left at the end of the 3rd quarter... and therefore we didn't even see the worst of it. That is all ok though, because I had a blast being in Auburn and seeing my friends. We made it to Tiger Walk, visited with so many people and even made it in time to see the Eagle Fly before the game. For those of you who have never experienced an Auburn game. To watch the eagle fly around the stadium and then land in the middle of the field - it really is awesome. I don't care who you cheer for, that is just really cool. I do want to give Justin some props because he was such a good sport for the entire day in Auburn. He went to Tiger Walk and the game and supported me in enjoying every minute of it. He of course was harassed by all of my friends (and their husbands) but it was a perfect and fun day. He even wore blue...NOT RED CRIMSON. How great is he!


It was honestly soothing to my soul to see and be with my friends. There is just something satisfying about being with girl friends....I'm talking about the girl friends who know you and even if you don't talk to them daily that you know that they know you and that they love you no matter what. You can just pick up wherever you last left off. As much as I love my husband, there is just something special about a girl friend. I am blessed with lots of wonderful girl friends. You know who you are ladies and I love you and thank you for being the friends that you are to me.

Sunday, I helped to host a baby shower for my dear friend Kristin. It was a beautiful shower and she got lots of great things. She is due in December with a precious little boy on the way. I also got the opportunity to see more sweet friends on Sunday. Over all it was a fabulous and fun weekend. It was a busy one, but I loved every minute of it.

No comments: