Friday, May 15, 2009

Growing Boy

Collier was 2 weeks as of yesterday and he is growing fast! I think that he has already changed quite a bit. We went to the doctor today and we are now weighing in at 7LB 8oz! I was very pleased and excited to hear how much he has gained. I actually went on Monday and weighed him and he was 6LB 15oz...so in a matter of 5 days he has really exceeded my expectations. I can really tell though that he is putting on the pounds as he has developed a double chin and is starting to thicken up a little in his legs and arms. He was so skinny, but we are certainly doing our best to change that and so far we have had success. According to the doctor everything is absolutely perfect - of course we already knew that but confirmation was great to hear. We go back in 6 weeks for a million (5) shots.

I love this little man more than I could ever imagine and he is such a joy to have and to hold in my arms. He is such a gift and I am thankful for him. He currently has his days and nights backwards - oops. So, our nights are awfully long. Justin has been a HUGE help in getting up and letting me get sleep after I nurse him and he seems to want to be awake in the wee hours of the morning. We are both tired but are hanging in there. We do hope to catch up on some sleep over the weekend. I am grateful to have such a sweet husband who has really been so much help and support - I love to see Justin holding and loving on Collier it really is a sweet site.

Friends are so great. I am thankful for all of our friends who have been so gracious and generous to bring us dinners and to stop by and visit with us. It is truly a blessing to be surrounded by so much love and support. I haven't had to think about dinner since I've been home and this is such a huge help! Not to mention all of the ladies that I've called asking various questions and seeking advise. We really have the greatest friends ever and I don't know what I would do with out everyone. Off to sneak in a quick nap before our sweet guest arrive to bring dinner!



4 comments:

Crews said...

OMG!!! He has changed sooo much! He is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to hold that sweet baby! Love you much!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Congrats, Shannon! He is beautiful! Sounds like you are adjusting well! I know your Mother's Day was super special and sweet!

The McDonalds said...

Oh! I just love the updates & seeing new pics of him. He has changed so much & sounds like he is a good little eater! Can't wait to see him in person.

Gail said...

He is so pretty! Growing so fast, too! Try giving him a bath in the evening. It worked on my now....43 yr. old! LOL...Tell your Hubby...that David had a crush on his Mom while in High School. I sent him your PIC's of Pam with the baby...He said..."She is STILL a knock out" LOL...Kiss that LIL' guy for me! G