Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Knee Update

After a week and a half running break and lots of stretching, I ran for the first time yesterday. I feel like I'm so far behind in my training but I keep telling myself that this short break now is better for the long term success. When I ran yesterday I took it really slow and easy on the flattest road I could find. It hurt off and on for the first mile. When the pain increased I just walked for a minute and then the pain was gone again. By the end of the 3 miles it wasn't hurting at all. Praise the Lord! I've prayed hard that this would not be a major issue through all of my training and now I know that its just going to take a little extra stretching effort but that I can make it. I was greatly relieved by the end of my run yesterday and look forward to slowly increasing my miles in the next two weeks! I said this when I started this whole marathon process...I will only be able to do this through the strength of God...not on my own! When I look around (people around me and around the world) I see people that are facing hard times: financially, sick children, loss of loved ones, no where to live, destruction of Haiti and it makes me think that my knee is so insignificant and maybe it is in the grand scheme of things....but what a great God who cares even about my silly knee. Nothing is too big for Him, but also nothing is too small for Him. I think that is where I am quick to 'take care' of things on my own because I don't want to bother God with a little silly knee problem...but the truth is that God is in every detail and He does want us to lay it (hopes, concerns, desires, dreams, fears, etc) before Him and trust that He is in control of every little tiny detail of our lives. True test is if we let Him be in charge of that tiny detail or if we take charge of it ourselves...in doing this we are telling God that we don't trust Him. Makes me step back and realize how much He loves me and how His love is unconditional and endless...nothing is so satisfying!

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7
He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.
Psalm 144:2

No comments: