Monday, March 1, 2010

YUMMM

Please hurry and make this. It is so delicious and the recipe is from the back of the Cinnamon Cheerios Box! I've made it almost every day for the past week and I love it and my mouth waters the whole time its in the oven.

The recipes calls for a whole baking dish of it and if I made that size I would probably eat it all. Therefore I do my own individual portion (from the looks of the pictures looks huge, but its really not) and as a result mine isn't actually measured and more like dumped together for some fruity goodness!

Crispy Topped Fruit (Apple Cinnamon Cheerios)- 9 Servings

2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1Bag (16oz) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches (do not thaw)
1Bag (12oz) frozen unsweetened raspberries (do not thaw)
2Cups Apple cinnamon Cherrios cereal
1/4Cup chopped walnuts, optional
2Tablespoons packed brown sugar
2Tablespoons butter, melted
Raisins, optional
1. Heat oven to 375. Mix flour and born sugar. Stir in fruit until well coated. Spread in ungreased 8Inch square baking dish. Bake uncovered 20 min.

2.Meanwhile, place cereal in ziplock bag and crush with rolling pin. In medium bowl mix cereal, walnuts, 2T. brown sugar and melted butter until crumbly. YUMMMM

3. Sprinkle cereal mixture evenly over hot fruit. Press lightly. Bake 15-20 minutes until light golden brown and fruit is tender. Top with raisins. Chow Down.

I personally use frozen mixed berries with the peaches!. Can I just warn you that the topping is really delicious. I am dying to try it with fresh fruit but wouldn't need to cook it the first time, can't wait for this summer to have all of the yummy fruit in season! After all, its really the topping that is so yummy and crunchy. DeeeeLicious!

This weekend we spent some time outside since it was so stink'n pretty! I love the sunshine! Collier likes to sit and pick up sticks and give them to Brinkley. Brinkley loves every minute of it. Collier tried to find out what is so great about the sticks....Yuck. He does the same thing to her food. If she has food in her bowl, he picks it up by the handfuls and holds it out for Brink to eat out of his hand - he has been doing this for about a week now. This morning he thought he would try it himself. YUCK.... don't worry I quickly removed it and he didn't actually eat it! Brinkley is so patient with him and Collier loves her. They are already big buddies!


TRAINING UPDATE....or not! Last week during a few of my runs my knee started to bother me. Nothing major but a little irritation. After my run on Wednesday my knee was actually hurting. I decided that I would take off Thursday and give my body and knee some time to rest, but when I woke upon Thursday just walking around I could feel my knee. It concerned me because on Saturday we would be running 11 miles and I was really excited and looking forward to running such a long distance. I had really been mentally preparing for such a long run. But the knee thing was really bothering me and I had heard the coaches say that its better to listen to your body and take it easy than to push yourself and really cause an injury. I emailed the coaches and they both advised me not to run on Saturday. I was bummmed, to say the least!!!! But I also knew it would be best in the long run. Sunday I decided to just try and run maybe 2-3 miles to see how it felt. In my first 10 steps I could already feel the pain. I could walk with no problems but the minute I started to jog it came back. I'm doing some research and stretches in hopes of it getting better but most of all I am PRAYING that God will just heal and take away this pain. I'm so eager to get back to training. I want to be prepared and not running isn't helping that train of mind. I would appreciate your additional prayers for me as well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shannon, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. I hate to hear that you are hurting. You seemed to be running so well, longer than I can imagine. I've also hurt my knee (on the right knee on the inside and only when I run or squat down). Hope we can recoup before the big day:) Good luck! Will lift you up in my prayers!

Amy Kennedy said...

Beautiful pictures of mr. collier!! Did I miss your birthday? I thought feb. 26 or 28 sounded familiar and woke up thinking your b'day was around then-but then I read your last post and it was your anniversary-happy anniversary to you and Justin!! congratulations!! Isn't it so fun being w/your best friend every day. I love it. We had a great time last week w/y'all!! Oh and the recipe looks delicious. We are big time dessert addicts at our house so i'll have to try it. Nathan will think it sounds healthy since it has fruit in it!!