Thursday, November 29, 2012

Amen to that!

In conversation, if someone says something that I am in total agreement with I often respond with 'Amen to that' brother/sister [depending on who I am talking to].  It is a phrase I use often.  So much that Collier has even started saying it to me and to hear him say 'amen to dat siser' is really funny, I love it!

This song came on the radio this afternoon and that is all that I could say: AMEN TO THAT!  There is just so much comfort and peace in knowing who it is that goes before me and behind me at all time.  He is with me no matter what.  This morning in my devotional these were the verses:
 Isaiah 40:11 'He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms,holding them close to his heart.  He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.'
Isaiah 58:11 'The Lord will guide you continually,giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength.  You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring. '
These promises hit me like a ton of bricks... He provides all.  He takes care of everything.  He is the source of all things (sometimes even the bad - when he is wanting us to continue to praise Him so that we can draw closer to Him).  He is in every detail (good, bad, big, small, EVERY - not just some).  He is strength.  He is living. He is real.  He is my God!  The God of Angel Armies!  Really awesome.


Amen to that!

No comments: