Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Marked as Christ Own Forever

Kenley was baptized this past Sunday.  It was a great and fun day and we have so much to be thankful for and to celebrate!  We had our amazing families and friends together to honor and bless Kenley on this special day.  My devotional on Sunday morning reminded me to walk peacefully with Him and not allow the expectations of my day take over my thoughts and focus from Him.  Here is what caught my attention 'Instead of mentally rehearsing how you will do this or that, keep your mind on My Presence and on taking the next step.  The more demanding your day, the more help you can expect from Me.'   It was just the perfect reminder of the day and walking with Him in mind and not all the other things!  God knew that was exactly what I needed on that very morning to get through the day and be filled with His joy!

Kenley did perfect during the service and for the baptism!  Kenley wore the very same dress that I was baptized in and made by my mom...we were both in shock that it fit her.  I was baptized at 4 weeks and she is already 7.5 months and I was much smaller than she is.  Mom made a few adjustments and it was just perfect. As I was getting dressed on Sunday I got a little teary just thinking about my baby girl wearing a dress that Mom made for me, it made the day all that more special and meaningful.  With all of the company we didn't get a chance to get pictures of just Kenley in her dress.  I am planning to do a mini photo session with her on Friday if the weather will cooperate...so more pictures to come!
 Brett and Lindsey are Kenley's godparents
Our preacher, Glenda.  Although, Anna Russel baptized Kenley!

Lord, Thank You for the precious gift that you have given Justin and I in Kenley.  Thank you that she is Yours and that You hold her in Your hands.  Thank you for your abundant blessings of our family.  Thank you for these amazing friends who will impact Kenley for the rest of her life all of your glory and honor.  Lord, please let there never be a day that Kenley doesn't know who You are. That she will grow up and know You and trust You in all that she does.  Help Justin and I to be a loving reflection of You as her parents, help us to be the parents that she needs us to be.  We love you.  In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments: