Monday, January 17, 2011

Siesta - Memory Verses

Do you read Beth Moore's blog?  If so, then you are also a Siesta {aka sister}!  I love Beth's blog for so many reasons but mostly because she is ON FIRE for the Lord plus she is funny and her words just make me want to jump into God's word and grow closer to Him!  She is doing a year of memory verses through her blog for her readers to participate in...memorizing two verses per month for an entire year.  I don't know scripture like I should and like I want to.  This is my first step in doing something about that so His word is written in/on my heart.   So, on the first and fifteen of each month I will add a verse to her blog post (along with about 8000 other ladies) and commit God's word to my heart and mind.  I will probably be sharing my memory verses with you along the way.  I was a little nervous and I was somewhat hesitant to actually do this.  I am not the smartest person nor do I have the best memory.  But I know that when God lays His hand on what I do... there is more potential then I could ever imagine.  I am trusting in Him and leaning heavy that He will give me the knowledge and memory that I need.  In 2012 Beth will have a meeting in Dallas {that I hope to be able to attend}and we will recite all 24 verses to each other!  Oh my goodness, that make me nervous to even think about.  Again....Lord, I need your help and am trusting in You!! January 1st, I started memorizing Acts 20:24 and I love the fact that only 17 days ago I had written it down and now it is committed to memory. 

I can't wait to see the verses that God lays on my heart and also what He has in store for me over the next year as I work to know and grow in His word.

Saturday I began my 2nd memory verse:  Zephaniah 3:17
"For the LORD your God is living among you.  He is a might savior.  He will take delight in you with gladness.  With His love, He will calm all your fears.  He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."

On a totally different note, Collier loves Cedermont Kids Video's (if you have young children I HIGHLY recommend these..although consider yourself warned.  Be prepared to hear them a million times over and over and over)  Although we do listen to them OFTEN, at least the songs are positive and I don't mind him learning and listening them.  Collier knows the order of the video (Justin and I do too) because we have watched and heard it so many times.  Collier's favorite is  the Lord's Army song and he marches around the den pointing to the TV when he wants us to put it on.   If it was up to him we would just put it on repeat and play over and over and he will probably stay glued to the TV...but that would be Chinese torture for Justin and I!



He cracks me up...at the end I wanted him to show his new boots...he normally will put one foot out on his heal to show off his boots and it is so funny.  But when he realized I had the video camera he wanted to see himself on the video camera. 

No comments: