Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th

**I started this post yesterday morning and never finished, so I'm a day late**

Happy Birthday America. We are certainly a blessed nation.  We are protected by hero's all over the world who sacrifice so much for our freedom and protection. These hero's make this sacrifice by choice.  I am thankful for our military and their families who continue to do what is needed for us to keep our freedom and independence!  But our ultimate freedom us in and through Christ. It is a privilege to be called a child of God.  He is a God who saves. Who saves me from myself even in spite of myself. .He loves me, He desires a relationship with me, He directs and forgives me. That alone is enough to celebrate.

We spent this weekend at the lake again. It was nice to have an extra day to the weekend. Collier did lots of jumping off of the boat and dock. We even got Ashlyn to jump off the back of the boat.  The two of them had a blast. Ashlyn got Collier to tube...he did pretty good but not yet convinced that he loved it.  Even baby Hayden got a quick ride [all of them rode with Chris]!  If we weren't in the water swimming and jumping we were inside either eating or napping [both are awesome and well cherished by me!].  I only took a few pictures and I haven't taken them off of my camera and if I wait until I do then this post will be several days old, so that will come later in the week :).  But our weekend also consist of July 4th fireworks...not normally by us but we love to watch the fireworks around the lake.  A few weeks ago, while at the lake, our neighbors set off some fireworks during a wedding rehearsal dinner that they had and it scared my little man.  And since that weekend he is now also scared of thunder.  Sunday evening everyone brought out their fireworks and Collier was beside himself.  He only felt safe in 'Nammie's bed' watching Madagascar.  Mom was nice enough to stay inside with him and Dad, Justin and I watched from the deck. Maybe next year we will be able to get out in the boat and watch them from the lake.  It is one of my favorite things to do; just sit and watch fireworks over the water!  So much fun.

I hope that you had an awesome Independence Day weekend with your family!

No comments: