Monday, January 4, 2010

My First Day

That dang alarm clock! It went off this morning and so it began! It was a good day. It was hard to leave Collier this morning not only to be away from him for the night but ALSO because this morning represented the truth of not being with him every day. Gosh it is just hard...even if I am really excited about my new job it doesn't take away from that emotion.

I made it to Mobile and had a great day and met all of my new co-workers. I have so much to learn and so much to catch up on. I'll be super busy the next few weeks. I am very excited though and I really think that this is going to be a great fit for me.

Justin had Collier all day today. He is such a good Daddy and I am thankful that I feel totally confident in him with Collier. I'm sure he does things different than I do, but that is probably a good thing! I love to see Justin playing with Collier so I'm sure it was a fun day for Collier to have just Daddy all to himself (well Grammy helped tonight). It felt funny for our roles to be reversed...and it usually him leaving for work (overnight) and me staying home. It was weird to drive down the road without Collier in my car...I kept checking my rear-view mirror for him on the drive down only to realize I was alone in the car. It is just strange. I thought to myself, oh good I'll have an entire evening all to myself and I can go and run in the hotel gym and have the opportunity to get a jump start with work stuff and yet, I'm already in the bed and can hardly hold my eye's open.... Geeze when they say children change everything they are 100% correct! It is so worth it and I love every minute of it. Being a mom is so special and it is a feeling that no one can prepare for. It is a love that is deeper than anything you can every expect. It is fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

No comments: