Wednesday, March 9, 2011

As we enter Lent

I feel like it has snuck up on me this year, I can't believe that today is Ash Wednesday and I just realized yesterday that it was already Ash Wednesday.  In a rush I went online to find a Lenten devotional that I can read this season.  I found one and downloaded it last night and started it this morning.  But as I was thinking about entering this season of Lent, I really feel a strong desire to get down to the truth of this season and draw nearer to Christ.  What does Lent really represent to me, a believer?  It is a time for me to repent and fast so that I can erase the space that I have created, in my sin, between myself and Christ so that I can draw near to Him.  In my CBS lesson this week in 1 John 3 it is states so clearly that we ARE sinners and that we have choice in what to do with that sin.  We are filled with the Holy Spirit to convict us of our wrongs and as we turn to Christ and ask for His forgiveness and mercy and grace we can then turn away from our sins and walk in His ways...not MY own!  This is hard to do.  It is hard for me to admit when I have done wrong or when I am wrong, yet when I do the reward is much greater.  I desire to be inside His will.  I want His love to overflow from me into others all to His glory.  What does the next 40 days look like for me in working to accomplish this?  I am not sure but I do know that I need to spend time in His word and in prayer at His feet.  He is a great God who walked this earth, and can understand everything that we face because He also faced it yet He remained sinless!  He Died a painful and humiliating death (and never once sinned) and yet He overcame the grave and ascended into Heaven!  He is a great God!
I love music, I listen to music when I work, when I drive, when I run, when I get ready in the morning!  I just love music!  It is a form of worship for me and I love singing His praises through a song that touches me.  As I was working this morning this song came on and I was singing away and then it suddenly hit me...the words that I was singing...this is exactly what Lent is all about...this is exactly what I WANT this season..wanting more of YOU Lord and Less of me...Empty me and fill me with more of YOU!
Sorry for the quick commercial before the video...its worth it to hear the song though!


Very powerful.  It makes me heart flutter with excitement at the possibility of living this sort of life...Filled with Jesus and not of my selfish and worldly ways.

My Current Siesta Memory Verse:
Philippians 2:1-4 Therefore, If you have any encouragement from being untied with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, being of the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.  Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to the interest of your own but each of you to the interest of others.

No comments: