Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Glorious Day

Ok, so I have another song favorite to share with you.  Lets just shout to the Lord in Praise today!!  As I mentioned before, I love music and this one is one that I think is new (it may be a really old song but they seem to be playing it a lot on the radio) but the words just hit me like a ton of bricks!   I hope that you love it as much as I do.



A few weeks ago at a retreat someone shared during the devotion how she is constantly making lists of her 'to-do's' for the day and how she never seems to get everything she needs to get done done in a day.  I often say that...there are just not enough hours in a day for me to do all that I need to do.  She said something that really struck true to my heart...there are enough hours in every day to complete everything inside the will of God.  God only give us what we can handle and His list probably looks much different than my list but the question that came to mind was....am I looking to Him for what I need to complete today rather than looking to my own interest and list!  So in my Lenten devotion (40 Days with Jesus by  Sarah Young) a few days ago Sarah Young put it very clearly: She has written as if Jesus is speaking to directly to you personally...

Let my LOVE enfold you in the radiance of My Glory.  Sit still in the Light of My Presence, and receive My Peace.  These quiet moments with Me transcend time, accomplishing far more than you can imagine.  Bring me the sacrifice of your time, and watch to see how abundantly I bless you and your loved ones.  Through the intimacy of our relationship, you are being transformed [2Cor 3:18]from the inside out.  As you keep your focus on Me, I form you into the one I desire you to be.  Your part is to yield to My creative work in you, neither resisting it nor trying to speed it up.  Enjoy the tempo of a God-breathed life by letting Me set the pace.  Hold My hand in childlike trust, and the way before you will open up step by step.
I just loved it and so desire to have the intimacy with God and I want to be formed into what He wants to make of me.  Instead I continue to have to remove my 'self' out of the way constantly to allow Him to work and mold me.  I keep getting in the way!  I also like how when we spend time with Him...we can accomplish more than we can ever imagine..I know that there is truth in that and it goes right back to the devotion that I heard and that there is plenty of time in every day to accomplish all that God wants us to complete.  God is amazing and oh so good!  It will be a Glorious Day when He returns!  I am brought to tears at the truth of what He did for me...I am loved, saved, forgiven and have eternal life in HIM!


Collier has been with his Mella and Buzz this week and gets home tonight (thanks to my mom) and I have had the greatest time with my husband with no distractions..but I am also so ready to see that little man.  I can hardly stand another minute away from him.  I have thought several times that I haven't gotten all that I wanted to get done before Collier returned...and then I read again the above and changed my mind...I have done all that God has given me to do in these few days.

No comments: