Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day trip

We went to Blakely, GA for the second year in a row for Mother's Day weekend.  Justin's Aunt Penny and Uncle Gerald live there and have an awesome layout that has something for everyone.  I loved the time we got to spend with Justin's family.  Collier got to visit with Great Grandparents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and lots of four legged family members!  It was relaxing, fun and a special treat.  Wide open spaces, delicious meals and perfect company! What more could I ask for?

Collier almost didn't stop the entire time we were there!  Talk about a toddler's dream world: room to run, strip down, play in water, fish, drive golf carts and tractors and just hang with the big boys, get spoiled by his grandparents and play with dogs! Collier got his first real fishing experience.  He wasn't very good about 'watching' the cork.  But he really liked reeling in the fish.  Then didn't want anything to do with the fish.  I think he touched it once, but didn't like it too much.




Few notes of some of the pictures:
  • The Hand Truck...have I ever mentioned that Collier loves to push AND ride a hand truck?  One day he and my mom were in the garage (after they had finished blowing the leaves) and CH saw the hand truck. They pushed it around for a while and then next thing I knew I pulled up to get my child and he was riding on the hand truck and LOVING.EVERY.MINUTE!  Buzz wondered why in the world he wanted to play with it.  Well he walked Buzz to the other side of the pond with that dang hand truck.  I call it the 'redneck Stroller'!  Ha.  What kid wants to play with a hand truck?  I am still not sure why we buy him toys.
  • As Justin put it: whose redneck child is that...running around in a diaper? I didn't know to take swimming shorts so the diaper was the next best bet. For the record, this happened while I was away at the grocery store. I come home to Justin lathering CH in sun screen stripped to his diaper.
    **This is my second redneck reference in the same post, maybe I should just face it.....

  •  Uncle Gerald was VERY kind enough to let CH 'drive' his tractor!  He took him all the way around the pond and CH was so excited.  He messed with every button, gadget and lever on that tractor. Uncle Chris look out he wants to really drive yours next...now that he has some experience :)
It has taken Collier two days to recover from the busy weekend.  Sleeping in late and long naps! 

No comments: