Sunday, February 26, 2012

6 Years for us!!!

Yesterday Justin and I celebrated our anniversary.  And we've done it with a childless weekend that has been just perfect.   It has been a fun 6 years!  I am thankful every day for Justin, he is an awesome husband and daddy.
6 fun things you may or may not know about us!
  1. I have had a crush on Justin since I was in 1st grade.  I told one of my best guy friends in 9th grade that I wanted to marry Justin Hicks and he laughed at me....(Justin had a very serious girlfriend all through high school.)  This chick knows what she wants :)
  2. Justin's mom told my mom at a high school football game...that we would make beautiful children!  My mom thought she was crazy because Justin was almost more like a brother to me at that point (or so my mom thought... ha ha ha)
  3. We both love the lake...our favorite summer spots and times are when we are at the lake (Eufaula or Compass) and we both love nothing more than to veg out on the dock!  Although when at Eufaula that involves a fishing pole for him...not me!
  4. If we chose to live anywhere else it would be Nashville
  5. Neither of us are cleaners...which means that our house is sometimes a mess...BUT we produced a child who loves to clean and is slightly OCD - see God does have a sense of humor :) and a good plan!
  6. We both watch Nascar.  Yes, I do to and I enjoy keeping up with it. 
It has been a fun weekend just the two of us.  We have been slightly lazy and somewhat productive (we have done some cleaning and nursery preparation) We have laughed about our past and talked about what is ahead for us in the next few weeks when we get to meet this little girl.  We have talked about what she will look like and what her name will be.  I love this man with all of my heart.  He is who I dreamed of loving and getting to love him with all my heart just makes me so happy! 

My parents were so kind to take Collier to the lake with them this weekend.  It was a last minute decision and I so appreciated and needed the weekend to get caught up on rest, cleaning, decorating, crafting and most of all time with just Justin.  It really has been so much fun.  Thank you mom and dad for doing this for us.  It was a perfect Anniversary and Birthday gift and honestly words can't quite express how appreciative I am.  And on that note: they also got me a pedicure which I enjoyed yesterday morning.  Needless to say I've had an awesome and fun Anniversary and Birthday weekend!

No comments: