Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back To The Grind

So, it began...W.O.R.K!  I've been working from home for the past month and I have loved every minute of it.  But yesterday I started back in the office full time and it was good but hard.  It was hard to leave both of them with my Mom and just drive off. I got a teary eye'd when I drove away and Collier was standing at the door waving bye. The hardest part is that when I have any down time at work, I just want to be at home.  It is just an adjustment and we will get into a good routine soon!

I spent my last week of working from home...working from the lake.  It was perfect and so much fun.  If we could I think we would live down there, but reality calls and so we return to Birmingham.  Mom and I and the kids were down there for 10 days and Justin and Dad came and went as they needed to work.  Again, my time with the kids and my Mom was just perfect and a great way to wrap up my maternity leave time off!


My morning devotional couldn't have been more encouraging yesterday morning.  It was exactly what I needed to hear read.  I know that He has gotten me through this day and will continue to walk me through the rest of this week! Here is part of it:

     'Welcome Challenging Times as opportunities to trust Me.  You have Me beside you and My Spirit within you, so no set of circumstances is too much for you to handle....  The way to walk through demanding days is to grip My hand tightly and stay in close communication with Me.  Let your thoughts and spoken words be richly flavored with trust and thankfulness.  Regardless of the day's problems, I can keep you in perfect peace as you stay close to Me.'  From Jesus Calling Daily Devotional

Not that I have any particular huge problem, but it is a challenge to come back to work and it sure was assuring to be reminded that I have a Mighty Heavenly Father who wants me to hold His hand and confide in Him my thoughts, struggles, joy and everything in between.  That is a huge peace of mind and it certainly was what pulled me through my day.  
Today, has been a little rough on Kenley and Mom.  For some reason, she hasn't eaten well and has cried a lot.  After the third time of Mom calling and Kenley screaming in the back ground I decided to go and help.  I am sure Mom's ear drum's needed a break - Kenley has a loud and high pitched cry.  I fed her [which gave me a break from pumping] and she fell asleep so that I was able to go back to work for the afternoon.  Poor little priss, her eye's are still red and swollen.  For over a month now she has been wrapped up on me and with me almost 24/7 and I am sure this is just part of separation and adjusting to her new routine!  Collier on the other hand has done great and he was more who I was worried about.  He is used to getting all of his Nammie's attention and she is now having to care for two instead of one...but so far he has done great, I am so proud of him.  We will just continue to pray for this transition!

No comments: