Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wedding Day

Wedding day arrived and we were so excited.  Justin and I were determined to get Collier to nap before we had to be at the church for pictures, and he did.  I had to wake him up to get a shower and to the church on time...it was like waking a little monster.  He was whiney and fussy from the moment I woke him up until just before the service.  We arrived at the church and it was so HOT inside and outside.  Due to an overbooking of the church they didn't get to take pictures before, like planned, but I think it really worked out better.  I am a sucker for a bride to wait to see her hubby-to-be until she is walking down the isle to say their vows, I just love it and that is exactly what happened.   Cami was such a beautiful bride!




My little monster kept crying and telling me that he wasn't going to walk down the isle.  He wanted to go and see Nammy and Daddy.  He has been talking about this day and anticipating this day for months and now he is saying he doesn't want to.  It wasn't an option and I was going to do everything I could to be sure he went down that isle by.him.self....The Deacon told me if I needed to walk with him I could but there was NO way I was about to do that.  I told Collier all he had to do was follow behind Taylor and Madison and once he got down the isle he could come and sit with us and that Daddy has some M&Ms and a surprise for him; but he had to walk the isle by himself and be a big boy.  [bribe, negotiate, beg] He kept telling me he didn't want to and I was really starting to stress.  But then we got the 5 minutes warning and all of the bridesmaids starting lining up and I got his super duper suit all put back on and suddenly he was ready and no longer hesitating.   Except he wouldn't even hold the pillow...pillow wasn't going but he was and I was fine with that.  Taylor started walking and Collier was right behind her, the Deacon told him to stop and wait and told him he had forgotten something.  Grabbed the pillow from me handed it to Collier and off he went.  Perfectly down that isle; pillow and all.  I was finally relieved. When everyone sat down Collier joined us and immediatley wanted his prize...and then he proceeded to remove all of the pieces of his tux, if he had removed anything more we would have had a naked little ring bearer in the chruch!

Mom and Dad brought Kenley and she only cried one little time and slept the rest of the service, until everyone clapped at the annoucement of Mr. and Mrs. Hockaday! We then had to put Collier back together for a third time for pictures.  I fed Kenley while they took pictures, so I missed that and can only hope he gave a pretty smile and not that horrible cheese smile...but we'll just have to wait and see.
Aunt Christie had asked if Collier could ride in the limo with the wedding party from the chruch to the reception.  Oh boy, he was all over that and the fact that he got to ride in that 'big tuck'with Madison and Taylor was just the added bonus!  He was so cute and happy!














The reception was so much fun and very crowded!  Collier of course stripped everything off as soon as he could.  Even the shoes came off this time.  Thankfully I brought his crocks.  It wasn't long before Collier was starting to fade and begging to go home.  After we ate I decided to let him dance one dance and see if he wanted to go after that.  Well as soon as his feet hit that dance floor he was set and didn't want to leave.  He boogied the night away.   He was so funny and very into it, he would stare at everyone's feet and try and dance like everyone else.  He even asked for his church shoes back on.  At one point he had a group of people circled around him clapping. 
 The Beautiful Bride and Groom





Like I said before, he brought his dancing shoes this weekend.  He had a blast and it was a fabulous weekend and a wonderful time.  We are so happy for Cami and Jason and were thankful to be apart of their very special and fun day!

Just for the recod, Kenley slept through the entire reception in her pumpkin seat.  I did a horrible job taking pictures.  It is much harder to carry around my good camera and keep up with Collier and everything else that was going on.  I regret not taking a single family picture and none of Kenley either.

No comments: