Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Work Balance

 I am so very lucky to work for a company who is truly so flexible and understanding of me.  I don't know of anywhere else that would give me the freedom to get my work done without someone watching the clock and constantly keeping tabs on where and what I am doing.  I work but don't have to miss out on everything with my kiddo's because of the flexibility I have. It is really a blessing and the next best thing to being able to stay home with my babies.  
All of that being said, I try to get to work on time in the mornings [8am] but I just can't seem to get it together.   I feel horrible when I am pulling into work at 8:45 on our non-school days, but that seems to be the norm.  I try getting in the shower earlier and that doesn't seem to make a difference.  Well this morning I was late as usual and rushing into Mom's with the kids...who where both still in their jammies.  I got Kenley out of her car seat and was trying to get some saline in her snotty booger nose before I rushed out the door.  I rolled her over and suddenly smelled the unpleasant smell of a messy diaper and looked down and it was all up my sleeve.  NICE.  Poopy covered shirt should linger a wonderful fragrance through the office.  Of course, I wouldn't really do that to the men I work with, so I went back home to change...which required shirt and shoe change...and then made it to work in time for a 9:15 conference call. I proceeded to accidentally close my eyes and nod off for a split second [oh and I was siting at the corner of my bosses desk] and have no idea if he saw me or not. It was just one of those mornings, but thankfully the rest of the day has been a little smoother.  Here is to hoping that one day I will be able to get to work on time!

on the home front.  Kenley is loving her solids so far.  She started carrots this week, after having bananas, apples and sweet potatoes last week.  I will try to get peas made this week to give her some greens!  She is trying to walk more and more...she can walk pushing something pretty good, although she falls a lot which results in lots of screaming as well.  She is quick as lightening on all fours.  Collier still isn't really interested in her and is not willing to share, but is really loving the baby toys that we recently pulled out.  We are working on how to play together...especially if he is playing with her toys!  Big lessons.  Collier continues to amaze me with his memory and at how funny that he is.  It is really amazing the things that they come up with at this age.  Keeps us all on our toes!

No comments: