Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today, is a great day of celebration because it is my Mom's birthday.  And if there ever is anyone who deserves to be celebrated, it is my amazing Mom!  Quite honestly, I don't tell her often enough how amazing she is, how much I appreciate her and how much I really love her.  I am so thankful that she is my Mom and my friend.  What better day to do that then her very own birthday.
why did we SMASH our faces together?

Dear Mom,
Happy Birthday and I love you.  I am so thankful that you are my Mom and friend!  As a Mom I am constantly striving and praying over the Proverbs 22 verse to ' Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it'.  I often think back to my childhood and want to duplicate the same for my children.  I hope I can be as great of a Mom as you are.  I have always known you loved me deeply and known that I was safe and secure to be just who I am.  You instilled confidence in me.  And you taught me about having a relationship in Jesus Christ....although it took years for me to get it, you planted seeds along the way that God allowed to sprout at His perfect time.  You did raise me up right and I want the same for my children; that when they think back that they will think...happiness...because I certainly do.  You are the example of a Mom that I want to be.  You were a great Mom and as I grew up I turned to you as a friend as much as I do as a Mom.  I can not tell you how happy it makes me that you are willing and able and want to keep my children for me.  It is THE.BIGGEST.RELIEF knowing that they are with you when I am at work.  They are being loved on and cared for and taught in so many special and wonderful way by their very own grandmother!  They love it.  I love it!  Thank you for being involved and being here for me along each and every road that I travel.  I love you so much and hope that you know special that you are and how much I really do appreciate you!  And this probably goes without saying, but not only are you wonderful in my eyes....but you are to Collier and Kenley (and I know Ash and Hayden) too!  They adore you and love every minute they have with you.  Such a blessing and delight!

love,
SC

And one more thing to add....not only does she keep my children and pour out her love on them daily but it is also not unusual for her to come to my house and vacuum, straighten up, wash AND fold clothes.  What would I do without her?  I am not sure, but lets not wonder because the bottom line is that I do and for that I am forever grateful.

Love you lots Momma and Happy Birthday to a the wonderful and amazing you!

ps. I now realize I don't have enough pictures of her.  Every time I pull my camera out to take a picture, she always steps back.  no more of that!!!  Note to self: get more pictures with Mom!

No comments: