Thursday, July 29, 2010

Recipe

So, I always love new recipes and this one proved to be delicious. I love all thing Pioneer Woman and this is a VERY easy recipe that I wanted to share. I made several changes since I was serving 2 (but ended up being 1) instead of 8 so see my changes in Red. Click on the link below to see the recipe step by step and also you can print it from her page!

Recipe: Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta
Ingredients
■4 whole Grilled Chicken Breasts, Sliced I used rotisserie chicken
■1 pound Penne Pasta, Cooked Until Al Dente I used only 1/2 lb
■½ sticks Butter I used about 2 Tablespoons
■3 whole Lemons, Juiced I used 1 and half lemons
■¾ cups Heavy Cream Didn't have heavy cream
■¼ cups Half-and-half
■1-½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (or Romano)
■Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
■20 whole Basil Leaves, Chopped
Preparation Instructions
Cook pasta, reserving 1 cup of hot pasta water when you drain. Set pasta aside in a colander.

In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Squeeze in the juice of 3 to 4 lemons. Whisk together. Pour in cream and half-and-heat. Whisk until hot. Dump in cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt and pepper. Check consistency, adding some of the hot pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed.

Pour pasta and sauce into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining basil all over the top, then add sliced chicken breasts. Serve immediately!

I loved that this was easy and so delicious. Justin was out of town so I was really just cooking for me and Collier. I ended up eating two whole servings and still had left overs for lunch the next day. The lemon flavor with the pasta was just fabulous...I did feel like I needed something green, next time maybe some steamed broccoli on the side.

Now, the reason that it was ONLY me who ate. I know that this seems crazy but Collier still usually naps 3 times during the day - the last nap usually falls around 6pm-ish and depending on his after lunch nap time impacts if he takes that last nap of the day. So, Tuesday night we went to target after work and on the way home he was yawning and starting to get fussy. When we got home and unloaded our target goodies I went ahead and put him down - by now it was close to 6:30pm. The thing about these early evening naps is that they only last about 30 or 45 minutes...which is normally just enough time for me to get dinner started or done. I know it is crazy that he is still taking three naps but until he indicates that he doesn't need it I am going to continue, but like I said some days he doesn't need it some days he does. So back to Tuesday, I cooked dinner, ate dinner, blogged a little, switched over the laundry, put away all of my target purchases and looked at the clock to realize that it was now close to 8pm and Collier was still sound asleep. This has happened a few times before, but he slept until 6:45 the next morning. That is a power sleep! Since I thought he was only going down for a nap he was still in his clothes from the day, no dinner, no bath and no teeth brushing! Oh well, I think that he got caught up on some much needed sleep. I am just so thankful to have such a good sleeping child. Justin and I both are people who need our sleep and we're thankful that Collier does too! I prayed hard for a baby that sleeps well and I am thankful that God answered our prayer. Isn't it great to have a God who hears and answers all according to what He knows is best for us! That is amazing!

No comments: