First, I cut my patterns and started sewing WRONG sides together when clearly it said to sew side seams with RIGHT sides together. OOps, I was only a few stitches in so I was able to clip, correct and continue with not much delay. With several consults with my mom, I was able to make sew each pants leg correct. The next step is to sew from the waist to the crotch to sew the legs together to make the pants whole....this is where things went terribly wrong. I thought and thought about it, I followed the directions and diagrams for how I thought it read....well.....I sewed them together all right...all the way together. In other words, I had two legs from the waist to the hem...no way to fit a little fanny in them. I then realized that I MUST own a seam ripper and 2 hours later I had undone my work and was ready to try again and correctly sew them together at JUST the crotch area! Oh the joys of learning....my theory is that you learn by mistakes and I bet that I won't ever do that again! I get it now. Here are my results. I am very happy with them, I haven't actually hemmed them yet but I think that they turned out cute!
I also did a pair of shorts - but I did a little experimenting with these and didn't do a side seam...I haven't hemmed these either and will see how they fit.
playing with water AGAIN....we sort of have to as HOT as it is!