Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Same Routines

Most of the time I feel that my life is just the same routine over and over again.  When I haven't seen someone in a while I normally don't have anything new to report.  Just life as it is...children, family, work, food, laundry...most of which are just routines.  Obviously, with having Kenley that is new and exciting and it brings change since I have the chance to be off of work for a few weeks.  I love that.  But I know that in a matter of just a few weeks I'll be back to that routine and schedule .  In the routine I often feel as though I am not doing anything above and beyond for God's Kingdom.  What is my purpose in all of these little daily tasks?  I have friends who have gone to be missionaries, or who seem to have grand purpose and impact here in this world.  When I am asked for prayer request and don't have one to share I wonder if that is a reflection of my relationship with God...nothing?

So, last night I was nursing Kenley and some not so peaceful thoughts filled my little head and I decided that I have been out of my daily devotion time for too long.  So, I pulled out my devotion [Jesus Calling by Sarah Young..and if you don't have it please go and get it because it is amazing.  Sarah writes each devotion as if Jesus is speaking directly to you] and was catching up on the past weeks worth of devotions and verses.  The one from April 13th really spoke to me and I wanted to share it:

April 13th devotion from Jesus Calling Devotional:
   'When I give you no special guidance, stay where you are.  Concentrate on doing your everyday tasks in awareness of My Presence with you.  The Joy of My Presence will shine on you, as you do everything for Me. Thus you invite Me into every aspect of your lie.  through collaborating with Me in all things, you allow My Life to merge with yours.  This is the secret not only of joyful living but also of victorious living.  I designed you to depend on Me moment by moment, recognizing that apart from Me you can do nothing.
    Be thankful for quiet days, when nothing special seems to be happening.  Instead of being bored by the lack of action, use times of routine to seek My Face.  Although this is an invisible transaction, it speaks volumes in spiritual realsm.  Moreover, you are richly blessed when you walk trustingly with Me through the routines of your day'
Reference Verses: Colossians 3:23, John 15:5 and Psalm 105:4

So it is more my awareness and focus of God through these routines that will and do make the difference.  I can honestly say that I just go through my routines with little thought or intention...I am doing to get done and get through.  Instead of being aware that I am EXACTLY where God wants me to be and if I will focus on HIM instead of me or just the tasks at hand I might see His Face staring right back at me.  I thought it was so encouraging to be reminded that even in routine and what can seem irrelevant is really for the good and glory of God!  I am thankful for a God who loves me right where I am and that He remains the same yesterday, today and forever even when I do not!  Praise be to God!




No comments: