Monday, December 20, 2010

My twin gets married

So, I have always thought it would be so neat to be a twin.  I actually have several 'twin' close friends and think that it's so cool.  So, although I am not a twin I have a cousin who could be my twin.  Meet Jason, he is 9 months younger than me and he got married this weekend.  They live in South Carolina and so we have never really seen each other as much as we wish we could.  But every time that Jason and I get together we seem to pick up where we left off and always enjoy catching up.  He is a fun cousin and is dear to my heart.  This past summer he came to the lake and he kept talking about his girlfriend and how great she was...he was really goo-goo-gaga about her.  So, when I got news that they were engaged, I wasn't surprised one bit.  I hadn't ever met her but heard amazing things about her.  She lived up to every expectation that I had.  She is adorable and full of joy and spunk....and this is from just a very short amount of time with her. It was a beautiful wedding and I am just so very happy for Jason! 


Uncle Ken and Aunt Jeanie w/Just and Collier

I love weddings because it brings friend and family together.  I love family.  I love being with my family and especially since we don't get together as much as I wish we could....we are spread all over the place....plus the busyness of each family and it is just hard to pull us all together.  But I loved seeing my aunts, uncles and cousins!  I have to give a shout out to my biggest Blog Followers...Aunt Jeanie and Uncle Ken!  Whoop Whoop, you made the blog!  They are certainly blog worthy, love yall so much and thanks so much for wanting to keep up and stay involved with us, even if it is through the blog!  Love yall.


Jason and his beautiful bride, Mandy



Breakfast Saturday Morning




 
After the wedding we headed back to Atlanta to celebrate Christmas with Justin's brother and sister-in-law and Pam and Charles.  Eve (SIL) is due any day with their little girl so they can't be with us on Christmas.  It was fun to have time with them for the rest of the weekend.  We can't wait for that sweet little girl to get here.  This will be the first Hicks little girl baby in a very very long time....really for both sides of Justin's family there has been a very long line of boys.  Ryan and Eve are my shining hope that I can after all have a little girl, that is if God answers that prayer!


We are so enjoying this Christmas season.  I'll be back to share our visit with Santa soon.  Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Missy Korey-Carr said...

Hi Shannon! This is a fun page, thank you so much for giving me the link. Now maybe we can keep up with each other's lives better. Seeing you guys this weekend was wonderful & Collier is just too adorable.
I love the picture of you & Jason - I have always said you were twins & that picture confirms it - even your hair is the same LOL.
Lots of Love to everyone!