Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Perfect Gift

There is so much that goes into this time of year. Decorating, parties, gifts, shopping, wrapping, baking, etc. The list goes on and on of all that we do! I love every minute of it. I live with a Christmas elf who shares the excitement and joys of this time of year. We love to have our Christmas tree lights on and our village (which is on the mantel this year) all lit up! There is a coziness about this time of year that just warms my soul. But I have been reminded several times this year that our greatest Gift is already given. He already came and it is the most important and treasured gift that we could ever receive AND give! So, I ask myself - what am I doing to be sure that this precious gift of Salvation, Eternal Life, Joy, Hope, Love, Grace and Peace is being tended to? Do I give Him the time that I am giving to all of the other doings of the season? Am I soaking up His word and drawing nearer to Him? Am I prepared at every moment to give this Gift to someone else who may not have it yet?

I hope that you will slow down and know that the most important gift that you can give or receive, you already have. All of the other things and stuff doesn't matter, it doesn't go any further than our hands. But Jesus does! He is preparing a place for me in heaven and I rejoice at the day that I can see Him face to face. Oh to be in His arms! He lives in your heart and loves you to the core! I hope that your focus will remain on Him in the midst of all of your doing!

Sending my love to you.... Enjoy your time with your families.

No comments: