Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Childless Weekend

Thursday afternoon Collier and I headed to Auburn to meet his Mella and Buzz.  I was worried about how I would do in passing him off for the weekend, he is very comfortable and familiar with them but he hasn't ever been to their house and I was sorry about them setting all of his stuff (pack n play, monitor, etc) all up alone.  I had these strong feeling of excitement because Justin and I would have an entire weekend of together time, yet also had feelings of oh I am going to miss him soo much!  Collier just loves his Mella and Buzz and once we saw them and he was wanting them to hold him, I was all better.  Didn't even shed a tear as they drove away! 

Thursday night we headed to dinner with my two favorite people, Lindsey and Hunter.  Friday morning we woke up bright and early and went to the Rick and Bubba show.  It was so much fun be in studio and see them live and in action.  We, of course, laughed a lot and hope to be able to go back again!   I loved that every guest and most conversations all circled back to Christ in some way or another.  What a huge testimony to hear these guys (and all of their guest) speak to how Christ is the difference in their life!  So very awesome. 

Friday night we got all snazzied up and went to The Veranda for my company Christmas party.  It was a very nice dinner with delicious food.  It is neat to see how ETG has changed over the years.  Even though I was gone for a short while within the past year, when I first started there were so few of us and this year we had more new faces than familiar faces.  Nice to work for a company who is hiring and growing - such a huge blessing in the economy!

Saturday, Justin and I slept in and were as lazy as we could possibly be.  It was perfect and just what we both hoped and wanted to do!  I got out and ran a few errands and starting to try and wrap a few Christmas gifts.  Saturday night we had a dirty Santa party with some friends.  There were 34 people participating and it was so much fun.  We laughed so hard my stomach hurt at times and it may have been the LONGEST every dirty Santa game.  I would rather not share when I ended up with....my best advice is that the 'prettiest' package isn't always the BEST gift it was more on the dirty side than I would like!  Justin walked away with some vodka!  It was so much fun and when we got home last night I thought how nice it was to not have any other responsibility other than myself.  But I have to admit that there were a few little boys at the party (both close to Collier's age) and seeing both of them really made me miss him  ALOT.  I'll be counting down until he gets home today.  Mom and Dad are actually picking him up in Dothan on their way home today and I just can't wait.  I have lots of house cleaning to do before he arrives so off to do that!  Hope that you had a fun and awesome weekend.....
We just realized that it is snowing here in Bham!!!  Wahoo.  Justin just built a fire and I'm going to fix some hot chocolate.  Perfect way to wrap up our childless weekend!

No comments: