Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a very fun long weekend at the lake with all of my family.  I just love the time that we get with Chris and his family and especially the kids playing together.  Collier has so much fun with Ashlyn and before much longer Hayden will be running around right behind them.  Since this was the first trip to the lake that the water was warm enough for us to get in, it took a little adjusting for Collier to get comfortable with getting in the water.  But no worries it only took a day and he is full speed ahead.  Matter of fact, he is still down there and I have received reports back that he has been jumping off the boat platform to my mom in the water!  I can't wait to see that.  Ashlyn had her very first tube ride with Chris this weekend.  I am proud of her for being brave enough to try something outside of her comfort zone.  She did so good and I know that there will be more tube rides ahead this summer!  The weather was perfect for a lake weekend.  We had lots of delicious food - Chris cooked his award winning ribs and we wrapped the weekend up with a shrimp boil that was just perfect.  Collier loves going on boat rides, which usually ended up relaxing him more than anything else  and being snuggled in Pops lap with his hat was just the perfect way to cruise around the lake.  On the potty front - he only had one accident which happened to be the one night I didn't put him in diaper, other than that he woke up dry every morning.  It seems that we are 100% going in the potty.  Mom said that he has done great and no other accident's yesterday.  I am just so proud of him for doing so good and extra thankful that I did it when I did [even though I was very nervous]and that it has clicked with him.  Thank you Lord!


I am also thankful for all of the men, women and their families that serve our country.  Particularly the one's who have lost their lives serving our country.  It is due to their work that we have the freedom that we do and I am thankful.  But also to those who are currently serving and their families who sacrifice so much for our country! They are real hero's and I love them with all of my heart!


Tonight I am starting Priscilla Shirer's Jonah bible study with a small group of friends.  I am excited not only to get back into a routine of a bible study and being in God's word but also looking forward to the fellowship with these sweet friends.  I am ashamed to admit that I am not good about opening God's word and reading through the bible. I do better when I have structure  and a study that keeps me diving into His word.  Since hearing Priscilla at the Deeper Still conference I have been dieing to try her study.  My Aunt (hi Aunt Jeanie) recently finished it and said it was amazing.  Praying for God to prepare my heart for how this study will impact my heart and life!
My memory verse right now (11th verse through Beth Moore's blog) is Psalm 19:14 'May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer'.  

No comments: