Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Backward

I feel like we are going backwards with our night time sleeping. For a few weeks [it seems like forever ago] she slept the full 8 hours with no problem. Then she started waking up between 3am and 4am to eat. And now she is waking up twice during the night to eat. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite and that the older she gets the more sleep we should ALL be getting? I am sort of at a loss and not sure what to do. We just got a monitor for her room so starting this weekend she will be in her own bed and not next to mine! I think this will be a huge help and YES I am very late in getting her to her own bed, this is long over due. I am trying to mentally prepare for letting her cry it out and I am just NOT.LOOKING.FORWARD.TO.IT! When I am busy and she is crying and I don't get to her immediately she gets hysterical which makes me dread letting her CIO. I did it with Collier and it only took about 3 nights with the max amount of crying being about 15 minutes. I am seriously praying that she will cooperate and be able to sooth herself back to sleep without me loosing my mind. I am having a much harder time with her than I did with Collier with all of this sleeping and I think it is starting to catch up with me. I am TIRED! I almost fell asleep sitting in my chair pumping at work...that would have been a sight! If anyone has any suggestions or tips I would really appreciate it.  I just thought that we would be sleeping better and more soundly by now. 

She is still having some moments, in the evening particularly, when she will just cry really hard for a while.  I am still giving her colic medicine at those time but I am thinking that it may be something else or that I shouldn't still be using the medicine.  I am going to call the doctor tomorrow and talk through that with her and see what she suggests. 

 On the positive side. She is really starting to sit up and stable herself very well. I laid her in her bouncy seat this morning and next thing I know she was sitting straight up in the chair. I couldn't believe it, from the laid back position to sitting straight up and leaning forward.  I have to strap her into it or she will either roll out or now tumble out of the front of it.  She is so strong.

I know that I mentioned before that she likes her jumpy seat too and last weekend she was loving the jumparoo. She bounces like crazy and squeals with excitement. When I told her and stand her up on me, all that she does is bounce and jump with her legs. Mom called her a little kangaroo and I think that may just be her new nickname....my Little Roo Baby



No comments: