Wednesday, March 14, 2012

God's Presence All Around

Before I explain, please go to this link and read this post real quick! It is short, sweet and will make the rest of my post make sense.

http://inspiredtoaction.com/2012/03/you-are-so-adorable/

So, as I read that post it brought tears to my eyes. It is so sweet to be reminded of God's love. Of His presence all around us. How He uses us and even our children to be reminded of Him and specifically of His love and adoration for us! I love that He knows what we need and when we need it!

This morning as I dropped of Collier at Mom's, he was riding on his tricycle as I was leaving and he rode over to me to give me a kiss bye. I was half way to my car and he opened the door and yelled 'wait, I forgot' and ran toward me with his arms stretched out wide. He gave me a huge hug and another kiss. He turned around to go back and stopped and said one more as he hugged me again. It melted my heart and brought tears to my eye [lots of things do these days!]. He then wanted me to 'hold me two minutes'. So, I picked him up and held him for a minute. Mom came out to get him and he got down one more time and said 'i forgot' again and ran to me to give me another hug. I was already so late this morning but how can you resist that precious hug? It was just what I needed to get my day started. As I walked out the door I prayed that God would change my heart to not have a bad attitude [or poor me's] since this little girl hasn't arrived yet. Needless to say the extra hugs hit the spot, brought a smile to my face and set my heart in the right place. Thank you Jesus for these hugs. Thank you for Collier and Thank you for Your love being bigger and deeper for me to ever understand!

And then I got to work and the 'Adorable' blog post was waiting for me to read and it was just perfect! The simple reminder of God's true love for us. In one of my morning devotion this week that was about ironically about waiting, trusting and hoping [since that is exactly where I am with this little girl...actually it isn't ironic at all is it God knowing that I needed this very reminder and devotion] but at the very end it says to be on the look out 'to pick up even the faintest glimmer of My Presence' [this is from Jesus Calling devotion and it is written as if Jesus is speaking directly to you. If you are looking for an amazing devotion I highly recommend it] So this week I have really tried to keep my eyes and heart open to see Him more and more in my every day life. Not just when I am in need of Him or when I have a minute but in every situation. He is here. He is real!

No comments: