Wednesday, December 21, 2011

So Much to Celebrate

We do have so much to celebrate at this time of year.  The  most important is Jesus alone is reason to celebrate but the joy in this celebration is that we don't have to just wait until this time of year but Jesus is reason enough to celebrate all year, every day, every minute.  It is a joy, blessing and just plain honor to have Christ, the Savior, the King of kings, the One who came to save, the Great I am in your heart!  Our God is a huge and big God....but He is also a God who loves, understands and wants to be in the details of our life as well.  When I am praying or talking to God I like to imagine Jesus sitting with me, or that I am curled up in His arms or maybe he is sitting with me in the car while I am driving.  The feeling of knowing that He is right there is so personal and comforting!  I came across a flyer in an old bible study this week and I wanted to share..  The name on the flyer is Jill Phillips and from the words below it is clearly a song!  Not sure if Jill wrote it or just performs it....

I Am

oh gently lay your head upon my chest 
and I will comfort you like a mother while you rest
the tide can change so fast, but I will stay the same
through past, the same in the future, same today

I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
your heart's desires

oh weary, tired and worn, let out your signs
and drop that heavy load you hold 'cause Mine is light
I know you through and through; there's no need to hide
I want to show you love that is deep and high and wide

'cause I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
your heart's desires


I am constant; I am near

I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
your heart's desires


oh gently lay your head upon my chest 
and I will comfort you like a mother while you rest.


On the back side of the flyer are these verse references:
John 16:33 'I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world.'

Matthew 11:28-30 'Come to me, all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light'
Isn't that just a relief?  rest, little burden...just what I need this time of year!  I love this sweet reminder

Psalm 139:1-4, 13-14 'O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all of my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your woks are wonderful and I know that full well. '

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Chris is the same yesterday and today and forever."

I have read these every day this week.  In my constant effort to stay focused so that I don't fall apart like I did a week a go.  I need this focus and rest in Him so that as I do the worldly part of Christmas that I will at least do it with His joy in my heart rather than trying to do it just to get it done!  I want ti to be fun for all of us as we prepare for this Christmas 2011!  I hope that these words will speak to you like they have spoken to me.



No comments: